The HBA of Durham Orange and Chatham Counties is proud to present the Annual Spring Green Home Tour! It will take place April 27-28 & May 4-5, 2019 Noon - 5 pm
Why purchase a green certified home? Because PERFORMANCE MATTERS! Visit homes on the Spring Green Home Tour and learn how a green certified home can save you money!
- Annual multi-site tour of new homes (and newly remodeled) green home certified homes.
- FREE, self-guided Tour that allows you to see first-hand advanced building practices and materials.
- Homes on the tour are certified through one of four programs: National Green Building Standard (NGBS), LEED Certified, Eco-Select and ENERGY STAR.
- No registration or ticket required. Visit as many homes as you like in whatever order is convenient.
Available through the app:
- Browse home and business listings for photos, videos and contact information.
- View the homes and businesses on an interactive map and get directions to the homes and local businesses.
- Get details on HBA members involved in each phase of the home buying process.
- Download coupons from local community businesses.
- Follow and participate in the Parade with the Calendar of Events.
- Utilize the quick links offered in the side menu to quickly access information about the local community.
Welcome to the 14th annual Spring Green Home Tour! Sponsored by the High Performance Building Council, a joint council of the Home Builders Associations (HBAs) of Durham, Orange, and Chatham Counties and of Raleigh-Wake County. This tour is a free, self-guided event from noon to 5 pm on April 27-28 and May 4-5.
Excellent examples of green home construction at various levels of national certification are included in this year’s tour, from National Green Building Standard to EcoSelect and/or ENERGY STAR®. These programs are detailed in this publication in easy-to-understand terms. Each home in the Tour is third-party inspected and verified to ensure that it meets the minimum certification requirements established by its specified program.
Triangle home buyers looking for healthy, energy efficient, and cost-effective homes are in for a treat when touring the 2019 entries. Building professionals onsite at each home will be available to answer questions and present high-performance features to participants. As homes on the tour may be in various stages of construction or even owner-occupied, this annual Open House is a unique opportunity to see first-hand some of the innovative high-performance building practices at work in our area.
The Spring Green Building Tour Committee invites you to visit every home on the tour. Ask questions, take notes, and enjoy interacting with our builder representatives. Happy Touring to one and all!